Top 5 InDesign CS6 featuresby Bring Your Own Laptop on 14/06/2012
- Content Conveyer: Collect and distribute objects and ‘sets’ of objects from one file to another, maintaining a ‘parent child’ relationship. A fabulous addition that makes updating shared file collateral fast. Including text blocks!
- Save as: Now includes IDML interchange. At last, an elegant way to ‘back save’ up to CS4.
- Primary text frame: Instead of ‘master text frame’. Set it up on master pages and a text box is live on each page. Not as cosmetic as it sounds. A real time saver I use all the time.
- Layouts – Alternative: Multiple layout options side by side in the same file. Flexible: Intelligent scaling of multiple page assets. Liquid: Set up rules for how groups of objects scale. These layout helpers are all about saving time when publishing one document into many formats. I.e. A poster to a flier; a booklet for print (portrait) to an epub (landscape). An A4 layout to an iphone, a Kindle, a Kobo. Not forgetting the old school letterhead to business card to Comp slip.
- Interactive forms: Buttons panel renamed buttons and forms. Creating an InDesign layout destined for interactive PDF used to then mean a lot of work in Acrobat PRO. Client changes become a problem. As we all expected, InDesign now has more interactive components built in. Form fields, check boxes and radio buttons – magic!
If you want to see all these new features plus many more for Photoshop & Illustrator come along to Bring Your Own Laptops Adobe demo on June 21st 2012. Tickets here: http://www.bringyourownlaptop.co.nz/cs6-demo.html